PREP TIME: 20 minutes + 2 hours chilling
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
• flesh of 2 ripe avocados
• 150g (two bars) Free’ist dark chocolate
• 1/4 cup (60ml) milk of choice
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp coconut cream (or the cream from the top of a can of coconut milk, you can remove this after putting the can in the fridge for 30mins as it rises to the surface and solidifies)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 4 Free’ist hazlenut cookies, crumbled into pieces
• Handful of Free’ist caramel popcorn to top
1. Melt the chocolate by placing broken chocolate pieces into a small bowl and putting the bowl into a saucepan of water over a medium heat. The hot water should heat the bowl and melt the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is a liquid consistency. Remove from the heat.
2. Put all the ingredients including the melted chocolate (but not the cookies and popcorn) in a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Taste the mixture and if it’s not sweet enough or you can taste the avocado too much for your liking, add some sweetener e.g. honey or maple syrup, stirring through to combine.
3. Chill the mixture for at least two hours.
4. When you’re ready to serve, in four serving bowls or glasses make a layer of crumbled cookie pieces for the base of your sundae. On top, spoon the avocado mousse mixture. Alternatively you can put the mousse into a sandwich bag and chop off the corner, then squeeze it out so you get a neat spiral effect.
5. Top with popcorn and a few more crumbled cookie pieces and you’re good to go! For extra indulgence you could also drizzle some more melted Free’ist chocolate on top…
Thanks to Vicky at The Flourishing Pantry for co-creation.