We have decided to give this classic treat a healthy twist. With only a few ingredients, its easy to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
SERVES: Makes 12-16 small squares
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
SET TIME: 20 minutes
– 150g / 2 x 75g packets of Free’ist sugar free marshmallows
– 3 cups / 100g unsweetened rice puffs
– 3 tbsp coconut oil
For a chocolate version:
– 225g (3 x 75g bars) Free’ist chocolate of choice
1. In a large saucepan melt the coconut oil over a low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they melt together creating a fluffy mallow mixture!
2. If you are making a chocolate version, whilst you prepare the marshmallows, melt your chocolate by placing the broken pieces in a bowl and put over a saucepan of water with a medium heat. The hot water should heat the bowl and melt the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is a liquid consistency. Remove from the heat.
3. Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat and add the rice puffs to the pan, stirring through to evenly coat the puffs with the marshmallow mixture. If you are making a chocolate version, add the chocolate and stir again until chocolate is evenly distributed.
4. In a small greased baking tin (18x20cm is perfect) pour your rice-puff mixture and spread to a height of 5-6cm. Try not to press the mixture down too hard, to keep the lightness of the marshmallow in each square.
5. Leave to set for 20mins at room temperature. With a sharp knife cut into squares. You can keep these in an air-tight container for 3 days.
Thanks to Vicky at The Flourishing Pantry for co-creation.